Barber Odenbach is a law firm advising on the legal aspects of domestic (i.e. German) and international commercial matters. In connection with cross-border matters, we work both in-bound and out-bound.
Our working languages are English and Spanish – as well as our native tongue German.
Over several decades, we have gained special expertise in, and deeper insights into, the following fields:
- Debt finance arrangements (loans, bonds, factoring, asset securitisation), OTC derivatives (ISDA, Deutscher Rahmenvertrag) and repurchase agreements
- Structuring market entry projects and distribution systems in Germany and Europe
- Unfair competition and Intellectual Property
- Licensing agreements
- Joint ventures (contractual and corporate)
- Real estate
- Cross-border business matters, in particular with regards to the Benelux, England and Spain
- Several aspects of civil and commercial law.
Our clients include German and foreign banks, companies, entrepreneurs and investors, as well as inventors and other knowledge worker such as medical doctors.
In addition, we often co-operate with other law firms to bundle our respective expertise and (wo)manpower on a case-by-case basis.
Whilst our core service is legal in nature, our clients often engage us when it comes to the (re-)structuring of their business models.
Barber Odenbach is primarily involved in the structuring, negotiation and documentation side of the legal profession (Gestaltung). That said, we also deal with conflict resolution matters − if necessary, in court (Prozessführung).
Most of the problems and challenges we are dealing with have a legal and a commercial component. They are hybrid in nature. When we face hybrid situations, the solution-finding process always requires close co-operation with our clients and, if appropriate, with other advisors.
We know what we are capable of, and, more importantly, what is beyond our expertise: If and so far our expertise seems insufficient to get the job done, we recommend the hiring of other lawyers and/or tax advisors with a complementary set of expertise. We maintain well-established working relationships with other law firms from near and far.
Get in touch with our experts